What is the Fatal Funnel?
All buildings have a lifecycle; a newly constructed building is exciting and fresh, but over time things age and the property loses its initial appeal. During this cycle, we have a choice to either reinvigorate the property or let it fall into the Fatal Funnel. All of which hinges on keeping the outside out and the inside in.
The Fatal Funnel causes:
- Non-revenue generating space
- Reduction in maintenance funds
- Inefficient building and systems
- Mold and sick building syndrome
- Expensive emergency repairs
- Expensive structural repairs
- Devaluation of the property